InterMET Asia Exhibition & Conference, Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore 22 – 23 April 2015 – Helping Asia to understand and manage weather risks in commerce, industry, government and international economic development.
Visit www.intermet.asia and blog.intermet.asia
The InterMET Asia 2015 Exhibition & Conference will take place in Singapore from 22 – 23 April 2015.
The event timing means InterMET will co-incide with Singapore Maritime Week, the region’s premier maritime event, and the InterMET conference willreflect this with a special session dedicated to transportation.
2015 will mark the second edition of InterMET Asia – the only event of its kind in Asia to address the technical aspects of the acquisition, interpretation and communication of met data, and the applications of this data across a wide range of new and existing activities, in commerce, industry, the public sector, and in international economic development.
The event will take place at the Suntec Convention &Exhibition Centre right in the heart of Singapore.
The first edition of the event, held in Singapore on the 2 and 3 June 2014, attracted many accolades from participants, notably the exhibitors and the Hydro-Meteorological Equipment Industry Association (HMEI), but also from the WMO andthe World Bank.
Filipe Lúcio, Director of the Global Framework for Climate Services Office at the WMO said: “It was a pleasure being part of InterMet Asia, an important event to promote partnerships and knowledge sharing. I shall share the proceedings as widely as possible.”
Senior World Bank Consultant and President of the Health and Climate Foundation, Dr David P Rogers, commented: “In my view, InterMET Asia provides a unique, impartial forum for public sector National Meteorological and Hydrological Services, private sector services providers, instrument manufacturers, and intergovernmental organisations to meet and discuss the issues and opportunities facing the global weather enterprise.”
InterMET Asia 2015 will again feature a comprehensive exhibition of leading meteorological equipment providers, and an expert-led applications-focused conference which, as in 2014,is expected to include WMO and World Bank participation. One ofthe key conferencethemes in 2015 will be the crucialissues of equipment specification, lifetime cost, operation and maintenance, and training. There willalso be a session on weather risk insurance and its applications.
The InterMET Asia exhibition will showcase a broad range of weather and climate change monitoring, measurement, analysis and forecasting technologies, as well as providers of value added services relevant to commercial and public sector activities and decision makers. Exhibition sales are now underway and work on the conference programme has started.
Commenting on the launch, Tony Stephenson, InterMET Asia Project Director, said: “We are delighted to announce the second edition of the event and once more to be working closely with the WMO, the HMEI, the World Bank and other key organisations representing weather affected industries and activitiesso as to provide a relevant and compelling event.”
Tony added: “The potential applications of met data in the Asia-Pacific region, the Southeast Asian nations in particular, are growing rapidly. The region isvulnerable to weather and climate instability and its manifestations, making weather data an invaluable disaster risk mitigation and management tool. While the value of hydro-meteorological data is growing daily for the private sector, notably inagriculture, urban planning and development, aviation, transport, energy, tourism, mining and in risk management.”
Notes for Editors
1. InterMET Asia – www.intermet.asia – is the only exhibition & conference of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region to showcase a broad range of hydro-meteorological technologies and applications relevant to national and international weather services as well as to weather-sensitive activitiesincluding agriculture, aviation, energy, tourism, disaster mitigation and management, and maritime and land-based transportation. Further details are at: www.intermet.asia and the proceedings of the 2014 event are available for download at blog.intermet.asia
2. The exhibition will showcase a broad range of technologies related to the acquisition, monitoring, measurement, analysis and distribution of meteorological and related data relevant to a wide range of activities, from forecasting to use in commercial and government activities. It will also showcase value added data services tailored to the needs of a wide range of end users, including senior decision makers, and the insurance and risk management industry.
3. A top quality international conference that will include participation of the WMO and the World Bank and facilitate the interchange of knowledge and best practice among all relevant communities. The programme will include:
· Applications of hydro-meteorological and related data across a broad range of activities in the private, public and international economic development sectors.
· Technical aspects of the acquisition, analysis and communication of hydro-meteorological and environmental data.
· Specification, operation & maintenance, life time cost and training issues related to hydro-meteorological technology.
4. The InterMET Asia 2014 launch event took place in Singapore from 2 – 3 June 2014 was attended by more than 200 senior delegates from national meteorological and hydrological services agencies (NMHSs), meteorological technology companies, commerce, industry, research organisations and academia. To see the many testimonials on the 2014 event, visit: www.intermet.asia/Content/Testimonials-1-2/15_48/
Here are some of the highlights of the 2014 event:
· Keynote presentations from World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), the Hydro-Meteorological Equipment Industry Association (HMEI), the World Bank, NASA, and an industry keynote from Baron Services.
· Support from the Singapore National Environment Agency, the WMO, the World Bank, HMEI, and our exhibitors.
· Participants from 31 countries – Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam.
· The Hosted Delegate Programme brought in high level delegations from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Republic of Korea and Vietnam. The hosted delegate programme was funded by InterMET Asia with the invitees selected by the WMO and exhibiting companies. This programme is being expanded for2015 with further initiatives being considered to ensure buyers of meteorological products and services meet with exhibitors.
5. The event is complemented by a NewsBlog at http://blog.intermet.asia. As well as hosting the proceedings of the 2014 conference in mp3 audio and pdf formats, the blog provides up to date information about the meteorological applications and technology.
About the Organisers
InterMET Asia has been created by Media Generation Ventures Ltd, part of Media Generation Group Ltd. which is based intheUK and was established in 2001.
The Group has established a strong track record for organising a range of high profile international business-to-business events notable for the quality of their content, the calibre of the participants, and the networking opportunities they provide.
Key events organised by the Media Generation Group Ltd. include:
1. Inter-Water Australia. Scheduled to debut in Melbourne in October 2014 as part of Australian Sustainability Week, this is about the sustainable and efficient use of water in the public and private sectors and across a wide range of activities.
2. All-Energy UK (which takes place in Aberdeen every May). Launched in 2001 this is now Europe’s largest event dedicated to clean and renewable energy. It was sold to the Reed Exhibitions group in 2012.
3. All-Energy Australia (which takes place in Melbourne every October). Launched in 2009 this is now Australia’s largest event dedicated to clean and renewable energy. It was sold to the Reed Exhibitions group in 2013.
Members of the Media Generation team have alsolaunched and operated several major international exhibitions, including Offshore Europe, DSEI, Imdex Asia, and Oceanology International. More recently they have run world renowned international events such as Gastech, European Autumn Gas Conference, Helitech, Avionics, Fast Craft, Marichem Middle East, and the World Gas Congress.