SgurrEnergy was commissioned to advise on the most appropriate means of providing sustainable power for Haida Gwaii/Queen Charlotte Islands off the coast of British Colombia, Canada. The work wasintended to aid the local community in responding to a request for power proposals issued by the state power authority. The work included:
Selecting the optimal capacity for wind and biomass power generation components
- Conducting wind and biomass resource assessments.
- Selection of appropriate technology.
- Site selection.
- Construction of bankable financial models.
- Advising on project ownership and funding options.
- Producing indicative project timelines
- Community consultation