SgurrEnergy provided technical due diligence, construction monitoring and provisional acceptance verification services to RWE Supply and Trading on their Kencot Hill project. One of the largest solar plants in the UK, Kencot Hill uses 144,000 polycrystalline modules with a peak capacity of 37MW.
Our involvement on the project spanned the pre-construction, construction and acceptance testing phases. The scope of work included:
- Technical due diligence
- Energy yield assessment
- Review of key technologies
- Review of EPC and O&M contracts
- Grid connection arrangements
- System design verification.
Construction and quality management
- Health and safety support services
- Construction Design Management Co-ordinator services
- Construction monitoring
- Commissioning verification
- Provisional acceptance.