Project: Emergency response support and incident management team
Customers include: Statoil, Centrica, Gaz De France Suez, Hess, Nexen, Rowan Drilling, Total, Tullow and Wood Group
Location: North Sea and international installations
In 2006, Petrofac Training Services launched the first Emergency Response Service Centre (ERSC) in Aberdeen. It provides emergency response facilities and support for multiple North Sea operators in the event of an emergency situation. Our purpose-built ERSC can deliver a complete emergency response solution for clients operating worldwide. The ERSC has also become the first emergency response provider in Aberdeen to receive prestigious International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) accreditation for its business continuity structure (ISO22301).
The centre has more than demonstrated its worth since it opened in 2006. In the last eight years, our dedicated ERSC team has responded to over 15,500 calls for assistance. Of these, 30 calls have resulted in live mobilisations of the Incident Management team and four have resulted in partial mobilisations.
Our ERSC supports customers by providing:
- 24/7 access to dedicated and professional emergency response services, including a pool of specialist responders
- a continual cycle of training to ensure that clients are prepared to respond effectively to any emergency situation
- support for a variety of assets – from manned and unmanned installations and drilling rigs to hydrocarbon carrying vessels and pipelines
- robust and resilient state-of-the-art IT and telecommunications equipment to ensure our customers are best prepared to respond to an emergency situation
- access to a dedicated secondary, backup ERSC facility, located a short distance away
- response teams and responders to work with customers in remote or site-specific locations
The ERSC is the first point of contact for a number of North Sea and international operators and service providers. We provide them with an immediate and effective response in emergencies. The ERSC has made a positive impact on the response capability of our customers, including Statoil, Centrica EEP, Centrica, Gaz De France Suez, Hess, Nexen, Rowan Drilling, Total, Tullow and Wood Group.
Demand for our ERSC services continues to increase. As a result of this, we have:
- invested in our people, expanding our team in 2013
- refurbished the ERSC to accommodate government room requirements for the secretary of state representative (SOSREP)
- designed and upgraded a bespoke IT Incident Recording system to support our clients in the most effective way during an incident
The ERSC works hand in hand with the Petrofac Training Services Crisis Management Department and is continually involved in live play exercises with statutory bodies and government agencies.